Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Write Launch.
The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of poetry, short story, long short story, novel excerpt, and creative nonfiction. There are two submission periods per month: 1) general submissions considered for publication and (2) feedback ONLY submissions offered to writers of work at any stage of development. Below are guidelines for each.
Browse the site and read previous issues before submitting.
General Submission Guidelines:
- The Write Launch is published on the 1st of each month (exceptions: April 3, July 3, and October 2).
- General category submissions open on the 15th of each month and close on the 30th.
- Submit in one category in one submission period.
- Submissions must be original work not previously published in any format.
- Include a brief biographical statement in the third person (published with accepted work).
- Proofread your submission.
- If a simultaneous submission is accepted elsewhere, notify The Write Launch and withdraw your submission.
- Work selected for publication is edited for punctuation and grammatical errors. Only Word documents are accepted, and any edits and/or suggested revisions prior to publication will be completed using Track Changes and sent to writer via Submittable for pre-publication approval.
- Editorial staff selects images for published works. Do not send photos with your submission.
- Writers’ Copyright will be prominent on each work.
- The Write Launch has a $5.00 submission fee.
- Direct all comments or questions to email@example.com.
Feedback ONLY General Guidelines:
- The editor of The Write Launch offers developmental feedback and line editing to writers in any stage of writing. Descriptions of both types of editing are provided in the specific category submission form. Select developmental or line editing when submitting your work.
- Feedback ONLY submissions are not considered for publication.
- Feedback ONLY category submissions are open 3 full days from the 5th to the 7th of each month.
- The requested feedback will be sent to writers 20 – 30 days after submission.
- Word document file format only.
- Additional guidelines are listed in the individual category forms.
- Feedback fees apply as follows:
- 1 poem 30.00 USD
- 2 poems 50.00 USD
- 3 poems 70.00 USD
- 3,499 words or less 55.00 USD
- 3,500-7,500 words 65.00 USD
LONG SHORT STORY
- 9,900 words or less 70.00 USD
- 10,000–15,000 words 80.00 USD
- Maximum 4,000 words 55.00 USD
- Maximum 3,500 words 50.00 USD
Submit maximum of 3 unpublished poems in a single document. Each poem should have a title.
Submit 1 unpublished short story per issue, 1,500 - 7,500 words. Please format your submission double spaced and include word count.
Submit 1 unpublished short fiction, 7,500-15,000 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count. Submissions that exceed maximum word count will not be considered for publication.
"The words “creative” and “nonﬁction” describe the form. The word 'creative' refers to the use of literary craft, the techniques ﬁction writers, playwrights, and poets employ to present nonﬁction—factually accurate prose about real people and events—in a compelling, vivid, dramatic manner. The goal is to make nonﬁction stories read like ﬁction so that your readers are as enthralled by fact as they are by fantasy." - Creative Nonfiction
Submit 1 unpublished creative nonfiction, maximum 3,500 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.