The Write Launch
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Write Launch.
The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of short story, poetry, creative nonfiction, long short story, and novel excerpts. Please browse the site and read previous issues before submitting.
- The Write Launch is published on the 1st of each month (except when the 1st of the month is a holiday, in which case The Write Launch is published the following day).
- General category submissions open on the 15th of each month and close on the 30th. Feedback category submissions open on the 18th of each month and close on the 21st.
- Authors can expect a response 30 to 45 days after submission.
- Submit to only one category in one submission period.
- Include a brief biographical statement, written in third person (to be included with your work, if accepted).
- Copyright belongs to the author and will be included on each work.
- Submissions must be original work not previously published in any format.
- Editorial staff selects images for published works. Please do not send photos with your submission.
- Please proofread your submission.
- Works selected for publication will be edited for grammatical errors. Only Word documents are accepted and any edits and/or suggested revisions prior to publication will be completed using track changes and sent to submitter for pre-publication approval.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but please withdraw your submission if accepted elsewhere.
- The Write Launch has a $5 submission fee.
- Please direct all comments or questions to email@example.com.